Historic Formula Ford 2000 Association

The Forum for all things FF2000
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:16 pm 

Er, first come first served?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:34 pm 

I have watched this thread develop with interest, having earlier decided (with the Delta project stalled) that the moment had come to join in and embarked on an expensive and time-consuming bare chassis rebuild of my RF82 in order to race it this year and can honestly say that at this stage I am more dissuaded from continuing than pressing on. While I can fully appreciate the concerns of owners of HFF2000 cars entered in the championship missing out on races due to earlier entries being allocated to "guest cars", it is also unreasonable to expect those same URS cars to make up the numbers when it suits and not at other times.
I still recall the old days of URS being more relevant to driver ability than what he was sat in, watching well-driven Reynards and Deltas racing with and frequently beating the VD's, and I'm fairly certain that much of the recent racing in HFF2000 has been the same, including early evidence of what a Royale can be made to do when pushed.
I'd be interested to learn what the CF3 drivers think of URS entries running in with them - good thing or bad?
I'll be painting my car black and will be sure to wear my evil villain cape and hat around the paddock, should I get an entry...... Muahahaha ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 pm 

latebraker wrote:
I have watched this thread develop with interest, having earlier decided (with the Delta project stalled) that the moment had come to join in and embarked on an expensive and time-consuming bare chassis rebuild of my RF82 in order to race it this year and can honestly say that at this stage I am more dissuaded from continuing than pressing on. While I can fully appreciate the concerns of owners of HFF2000 cars entered in the championship missing out on races due to earlier entries being allocated to "guest cars", it is also unreasonable to expect those same URS cars to make up the numbers when it suits and not at other times.
I still recall the old days of URS being more relevant to driver ability than what he was sat in, watching well-driven Reynards and Deltas racing with and frequently beating the VD's, and I'm fairly certain that much of the recent racing in HFF2000 has been the same, including early evidence of what a Royale can be made to do when pushed.
I'd be interested to learn what the CF3 drivers think of URS entries running in with them - good thing or bad?
I'll be painting my car black and will be sure to wear my evil villain cape and hat around the paddock, should I get an entry...... Muahahaha ;)

Don't be discouraged Paul. The URS cars enjoyed some excellent racing last year regardless of whether they were mixed with CF3 or HFF2000. I was a spectator for the last round at Silverstone and although the number of cars wasn't as high as it once was, the racing was as close ever as the drivers are all had similar pace. You'd be a welcome addition to the grid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:27 pm 

gridgway wrote:
Er, first come first served?

as above

Benn