Historic Formula Ford 2000 Association

The Forum for all things FF2000
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:28 am 

Yes I did. The plan is to have a drivers meeting at an up coming event to discuss further (likely to be at Silverstone GP mid June (that sounds a long way away, but is Simply CFF’s 2nd HSCC Weekend).

In the mean time If a driver has newer FF2000 chassis please email spec and images to comps@classicff2000.co.uk so I can discuss with Ken.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:58 pm 

Will do...as soon as I have something that looks more recognisable as a car rather than an oversize model kit :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:38 pm 

Moved onto the engine which was described as having been rebuilt prior to storage, so I figured needed a good check over. The good news is that, overall, it was in decent condition if rather grubby externally and complete.

The cam cover had a Quicksilver sticker and inspection shows the head is one of theirs. Bottom end is unidentified but again looks to be tidy. The rods have been balanced/ground to US spec which is a pain as this makes them unacceptable for UK use.

Carb has, similarly, been built to US spec so has the power valve removed and twin dump tubes. Plus various ports/holes blocked off.

Flywheel has been lightened significantly and a Tilton clutch fitted. New std clutch bought and replacement flywheel in progress.

Now a question: The wiring was very poor and incomplete throughout the car, so does anyone have a schematic I can work from, please?

There is no sign of anything electronic on the ignition, distributor is std Bosch non-vac. so I'm assuming it should be straightforward but would like to be certain.