Historic Formula Ford 2000 Association

The Forum for all things FF2000
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Kirkistown Anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 pm 

Some of the Historic FF2000 guys will already know that I'm in the process of organising an FF2000 race at Kirkistown in Northern Ireland. It's been difficult finding a suitable date but we've settled on April 2nd next year. The HFF2000 season is likely to kick off two weeks after that. All the other Kirkistown dates were either a week before or after HSCC meetings so didn't really work. The deal is likely to be this...

One qualifying session and two races on Saturday April 2nd with the very useful bonus of free testing on the Friday. I've got people working on ferry deals and as we'll be going early in the year there should be much better prices on offer than during June/July. The entry fee should be £200 and I've got my fingers crossed that we can get a ferry deal for a motorhome/trailer for the £300 mark.

What do you reckon? It could be a great way to start the season - pre season testing with a couple of races thrown in? The Irish guys have a strong affinity with FF2000 and have promised us a good time socially...

Who's up for it in principle?

Post subject: Re: Kirkistown Anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:36 am 

Yep. Im in. I an take cars it anyone interested, Loads of money :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:53 am 

its an interesting idea 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:28 am 

Has the old man got a passport Ian. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:38 pm 

delta wrote:
Has the old man got a passport Ian. :D

he is an international Jet setter Iain, probably had his own seat in the lounge at heathrow :lol:

anyway its still the UK :-P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:44 pm 

Would be interesting to see what sort of deal you could get Alan, did a quote for the mondeo on its own & its 240-270 return and the ferry takes 8 hours!!!! although the seacat is only 2 and bit but I doubt you would get a high vehicle on that. Think I would favour sending my truckie over with the transporter ;-) and getting a 90 quid return flight and a hire car for 50 quid.

You can tell I have not given this much thought or done any work this morning ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:07 pm 

The 2016 ferry prices aren't available yet so the figure is an estimate. The amount of discount we'll be able to get will depend on how many people want to go. I'm pretty sure Iain went Holyhead-Dublin and drove up when he raced there in May.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 pm 

Alan Morgan wrote:
The 2016 ferry prices aren't available yet so the figure is an estimate. The amount of discount we'll be able to get will depend on how many people want to go. I'm pretty sure Iain went Holyhead-Dublin and drove up when he raced there in May.

that would make it a bit cheaper to go to Dublin, I was looking at Liverpool-belfast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:55 pm 

I took my Crafter van with car inside. I did not have any discount and it was around 300 smackers. Cant remember what I paid for the truck when we went to the Park. Anyway WTF you are only around once in this life. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:58 am 

delta wrote:
I took my Crafter van with car inside. I did not have any discount and it was around 300 smackers. Cant remember what I paid for the truck when we went to the Park. Anyway WTF you are only around once in this life. ;)

It is very true, but at the end of the month the piper (my case Santander) still has to be paid ;-)